Calabash Grenada is home to one of the finest restaurants on the island, with Gary Rhodes setting up shop and creating the hotel’s signature restaurant. There is also a great spa on-site to soothe the mind and body – the Heaven and Earth features a wealth of treatments and showcases holistic methods and therapies, all while you relax and listen to the soft soothing sound of the waves in the background.
Grenada’s only ‘all-suite’ luxury hotel with immaculate gardens spilling onto the powdery white sands of the secluded L’Anse Aux Epines beach on the pretty Caribbean isle of spice with extremely friendly and long serving staff are trained to the highest standard.
Breakfast is served on the private suite terraces each morning and lunch is a casual affair on the Bash Restaurant on the beach.
After many years association with the Calabash, Gary Rhodes has opened his first overseas restaurant at the hotel simply called ‘Rhodes’ – truly an outstanding experience.
An underwater paradise awaits those venturing into the waters, and the waters around the resort are a haven for divers. Coral reefs, old shipwrecks and even an underwater sculpture park (a world first) adorn the seabed. The hotel has teamed up with local company Scubatech to offer great diving packages.
If you want to keep your feet dry instead there are a wealth of treasures in the rainforests, including waterfalls and hot springs gushing out of ancient volcanic craters. Grenada is an island of contrast, and when you have finished exploring the untamed beauty of the north you can retreat to the civilised lively south and sample a hub of bars, restaurants and buzzing nightclubs.
The 30 suites in the resort are set out in a horseshoe and have views out over the gardens and the Caribbean Sea beyond. They feature bedroom, lounge area and terrace/balcony. The list of facilities is generous and includes: air conditioning, fans, mini-bar, hair dryer, safe, showers and bathrobes, telephone, flat screen TV with DVD player, WiFi, ipod docks, clock radio, ironing facilities and tea/coffee maker. They all feature king size beds which can be split into singles on request, and cribs/rollaway beds are available at no extra charge.
Sleeps up to 2 people
- The Westside Suites provide a quintessential beach life escape.
- Positioned closest to the beach on the west side of the property, they benefit from scenic balconies or patios where breakfast is served each morning, separate lounge areas and king size beds dressed in the finest Egyptian cotton sheets.
- Walk through your dressing room to the bathroom, fitted large shower adorned and with Elemis Skincare Products.
Sleeps up to 3 people
- Sitting above the Pool Suites are our Junior Suites. These open plan suites feel wonderfully spacious with their high ceilings, king size beds dressed in the finest Egyptian cotton sheets and large bathrooms, all fitted with baths, separate showers and Elemis Skincare Products.
- The large balconies, where breakfast is served, all overlook the gardens and have fantastic views toward the beach.
Sleeps up to 3 people
- Bright and airy suites that boast large lounge areas separated from the bedroom by French doors and overlook the beautiful gardens.
- Benefiting from a walk-in wardrobe, large balcony or patio where breakfast is served each morning, king size beds dressed in the finest Egyptian cotton sheets and elegant bathrooms fitted with a bath and separate shower adorned with Elemis Skincare Products.
Sleeps up to 3 people
- Luxuriously styled, spacious suites with large patios where breakfast is served each morning.
- The lounge and bedroom area are separated by French doors. The king size bed is dressed in the finest Egyptian cotton sheets and the elegant bathrooms are fitted with a luxurious walk in shower and adorned with Elemis Skincare Products.
- The main feature of these suites are their private pools and free standing, outdoor bath tub. Surrounded by high walls and finished with an outdoor shower, making this suite a heavenly escape.
- The Penthouse Suite is our signature suite at the Calabash, and the ultimate romantic escape. Special attention to detail has been paid to each of the 2,000 sq. ft. of this suite.
- Awe-inspiring from your first steps through the double doors to the spacious open air, poolside lounge and dining area.
- The bedroom is luxuriously furnished with a king size bed leading onto the large marble tiled bathroom fitted with a dressing table, walk-in wardrobe, double shower, double whirlpool bath and Elemis Skincare Products.
Estate Villas- Caribali Villa
5 Bedroom Villa
- Caribali Villa offers a very spacious living environment in an enviable location.
- The villa has been built to a very high specification. The interiors feature polished hard wood floors and Balinese style cathedral ceilings.
- Caribali has a spacious air-conditioned kitchen featuring top of the line equipment. Located on the south side of the villa are the dining room, the living room and TV room.
- On the east side of the property are two bedrooms and a further two bedrooms are on the west side. French doors from the lounge and dining rooms lead to the sunny pool deck and the large infinity edge pool featuring natural river stones.
Estate Villas- Hummingbird
5 Bedroom Villa
- Hummingbird offers a very spacious living environment in a stunning location.
- The Estate Home, designed by Vincenzo De Rosa, has been built to a very high specification and the tastefully decorated interiors are complimented by specially commissioned furniture and artwork.
- Hummingbird has a spacious kitchen adjoining the breakfast room, which leads to the dining room, and on to the lounge and TV room, completing the rooms around the courtyard are two bedrooms.
- On the east side of the property is the master bedroom located to the left of the entrance. Downstairs are another two bedrooms, laundry and maids room. Outside the lounge and dining room lead to the covered patio and on to the sunny pool deck and gazebo which makes an ideal spot for outside dining
Estate Villas- Pool House
2 Bedroom Villa
- The Pool House Villa offers a spacious living environment in an enviable location. Built to a high specification the villa was completed.
- The interiors feature polished hard wood floors and Balinese style cathedral ceilings.
- The villa has a large open galley kitchen with a breakfast bar.
- On the south side of the property are two west facing bedrooms, the upper bedroom has a king four poster bed and the ground floor bedroom has twin beds.
- Both bedrooms have TV and cable box and ensuite bathrooms. The open lounge leads to steps down to the extensive pool and deck with the west facing dining room.
Estate Villas- Treefrog
5 Bedroom Villa
- Tree Frog Villa offers a very spacious living environment in an enviable location.
- The villa has been built to a very high specification. The interiors feature polished hard wood floors and Balinese style cathedral ceilings. Tree Frog has a spacious air-conditioned kitchen featuring top of the line equipment with adjoining breakfast room.
- Located on the south side of the villa are the dining room, lounge and TV room. To the west side of the property is the south facing Master bedroom with luxurious bathroom with whirlpool bath. On the east side of the property are four bedrooms, two on the ground floor and two on the lower floor.
- French doors from the lounge and dining rooms lead onto the sunny pool deck and the large infinity edge pool featuring natural river stones. Tree Frog also features a gym/games room with a pool table & a table tennis table, a running machine, free weights and cycling machine. The gym also has cable TV.
Restaurants & Bars
Rhodes Restaurant – Favoured by hotel guests and locals alike, Gary Rhodes strives to showcase the ingredients available on the island, grown on lush fertile land. Elegant cuisine infused with the spices and flavours of the island – a first class dining experience. Entertainment only adds to the excellent atmosphere and it could be anything from steel pans to soft piano music.
Beach Restaurant & Barnes Bar – Set right on the beach, there is a fantastic lunch menu full of culinary delights to see you through to dinner. Complimentary fruit and juices can be served to you while you sunbathe, before you indulge in some grilled favourites including fish and salads.
- Sunfish sailing
- Tennis court
- Fitness centre
- Grenada Golf Club
- Beach boule
- PADI Scuba-Diving Centre
- Yoga and Pilates
- Library and guest computer facilities
Discover the calming spirit of The Spa at Calabash where we offer holistic treatments, yoga and other holistic approaches to mental quietude, physical wellbeing and spiritual balance. Set on the hillside overlook the bay, The Spa at Calabash will captivate you with its stunning views while healing hands will transport you on a journey of calm and serenity. The Spa at Calabash’s experience has been designed to empower thier guests to reposition themselves at the center of their own lives by tending to their bodies, their minds and their spirits.
OPENING HOURS | 9:00am to 5:00pm daily
Introduction of our New Kids Concierge
We love it when families stay with us (after all, we are a family-run hotel!). And because children and teens have their own personal likes and dislikes, our Kids’ Concierge is there to take care of everything. We understand that when the kids are happy, the grown-ups can relax too. If there’s anything you need at all, please just ask.
Calabash are there to make holidays fun. They have put together bespoke supervised itineraries for children stay at the hotel.
- Kids cookery class
- Hobie Cat sailing lessons
- Hobie Cat sailing regatta
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Football matches
- Tennis lessons
- Cricket matches
- Movie nights
- Campfires and roasted marshmallows
- Arts & crafts
Request a quote